Friday, April 3, 2009

I Pledge....

....allegiance to this blog. Sorry I've been away! While neglecting the blog, I am happy to report that over the past few weeks I have not neglected my camera, and I'm anxious to update you on the many things that have been consuming my oh so precious time.

Traveling is a great time to forget about healthy eating and exercise. Luckily, in between my many travels, I was reminded about the importance in keeping these two things up. A few weeks ago I was asked to photograph an event called "Kids in the Kitchen", a healthy eating and exercise fair put on by the Junior League of Long Beach. They encouraged children and families to exercise, and also educated them on how to make healthy food decisions. And the children pledged to do so! It was very neat, and I must say that I think it's a
wonderful thing to educate children (and adults) on these matters. They had food stations, exercise stations, cereal limbo (how low in sugar can YOU go?), lettuce bowling, and great entertainment! A few hundred kids passed through and had the thyme of their lives. Hhmmgh, sorry...time of their lives. :)































.

No comments:

Post a Comment