Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And The Greatest of These is Love....

Valentine's Day has passed--red roses are coming down, green clovers are going up--and this heart remains still. Last week I shared words and images from our weekend at the Dream Center. If you missed it, please take the time to go back and be informed. While there is so much to be shared, and a part of me wants to get a running start with words entailing all details, a part of me is still so silenced by what I witnessed. Concern. Service. Love. And the greatest of these is love. I can't begin to put into words the feeling that came over me when I saw the children from these neighborhoods turning corners and running full force into the arms of the volunteers. It was hard to keep back tears, seeing the relationships that have been formed. And then to realize the invitation by many of them, trusting me to be a part of it. They talked, they played, they laughed...and they loved. These pure and genuine acts of love....may it encourage you to love all the more.



















The one thing that stands out the most to me is their ease in loving. The volunteers AND the children. They each loved so easily. I can't help but notice that many of those volunteers are living in God, and teaching these children to do the same.



"And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect." 1 John 4:17









1 comment:

  1. wow - these are beautiful! You can feel the spirit in these photos.

    ReplyDelete